The challenge: Twitter follower growth to 10,000
During the last quarter of 2018, a client wanted to grow their Twitter followers to 10,000 by June 2019.
Looking at their number of Twitter followers, we were only averaging 1.5% new followers per month. It was dipping.
Now, while some marketers would scoff at the client’s requirement and dismiss Twitter followers number as just a vanity metric, we understand where our client is coming from and why they wanted it to get to that number of followers.
We wanted to work with them.
What we are up against
- The time we allocated for daily managed Twitter follower growth (we vet accounts we follower) is maxed out.
- With their all-in social media content management marketing services, the time is all used up for other tasks that are focused in also growing the other KPIs.
- They wanted this done the organic way. In other words, they do not want to scale this using social media advertising.
- They are not purchasing any more hours for social media services.
We know we are not magicians, but we are experienced social media strategists.
What we did
- With GooglePlus’ announcement of its demise, we moved the time allocated for GoolePlus to Twitter. So, Twitter gained an additional 15 minutes. We used that time solely to focus on managed Twitter growth that the client wanted. That is, on top of other key performance indicators (KPIs) we are tracking for them.
- We chose participation in active and highly engaged chats that are only within the affinity and interests of their target market.
- All other tactics remained the same.
Twitter growth challenge result
After testing the minor changes that we implemented, the average Twitter follower growth went up to 66.39% compared to prior months. We loved seeing this result for our client. And of course, the client couldn’t be happier!
Had we not adjusted the allocated time, with their monthly average, I forecasted that we will most likely reach 10,000 followers goal by December. Now, with this positive development in the growth of their Twitter followers, the client and I are well aware that we will never reach that goal by June, but with the minor change done we know that we don’t have to wait for December to get to 10,000 followers on Twitter.
Need help with yours? We are only a click away!
Please provide as much information as needed.